VeloSource has a locum tenens Pediatric opportunity in Northern Pennsylvania, just outside of Bradford.
– Active Pennsylvania License required
– DEA Required: Yes, will accept candidates needing to apply for a state DEA or transfer a DEA from another state
– Board Status: Board Certified, Board Eligible
– M-F 8:30am-4:30p
– 24hr Weekend Call, Rotation 1:3 or 12-14 days per month
– Weekend Call: Mostly by phone (not often coming in at night); Generally, round in hospital in AM, and then go to clinic; On call Pediatrician must admit patients both day and night (hospitalists admit ages18+); Can’t take call remotely – must be onsite to respond to ED or emergent c-sections within 30 minutes
– Level I nursery | 230-250 births/year
– No NICU
– Higher level care PEDS transferred, generally takes a 44-48 hour work week (including non face-to-face time to complete charts at end of day)
– Most FPs in the system do not see Peds – most coming to Pediatrics Group Express care (primary care walk-in) after hours and weekends, sees PEDS & adults (on hospital campus) – this helps the pediatric group and the on call physician
– OBs doing circumcisions
– Practice is 90% outpatient
– EMR: EPIC
– Time to Credential: 2 weeks
Contact VeloSource to discuss this job or any of our Locum Tenens opportunities nation-wide.